ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of every Week 8 B1G game
With just one week left in the Big Ten football regular season, a slate of rivalries make up the schedule for Week 8.
Most seasons, the meeting between Ohio State and Michigan would be one of the most anticipated games of the season. But this is 2020, and Ohio State is one of the best in the land, and Michigan isn’t. As a result, ESPN’s FPI predictions list the Buckeyes and Wolverines matchup as the most lopsided in the league.
Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn State are all given over an 80% chance of a win, while the matchup between Rutgers and Maryland is virtually a toss-up.
Several games, including the Ohio State game, are questionable due to COVID-19 issues within programs, so who will play and who won’t still remains to be seen.
Below is a full list of the B1G predictions from the FPI:
- Michigan 5.1% vs Ohio State 94.9%
- Michigan State 13.6% vs Penn State 86.4%
- Minnesota 44.1% vs Nebraska 55.9%
- Purdue 15.5% vs Indiana 84.5%
- Wisconsin 68.4% vs Iowa 31.6%
- Illinois 15.9% vs Northwestern 84.1%
- Rutgers 49.5% vs Maryland 50.5%