ESPN’s FPI is predicting the college football season with the first games of 2022 right around the corner!

On Saturday, Aug. 27, the college football season officially kicks off with Week 0. In total, 11 FBS games will be played on Aug. 27, including Nebraska and Northwestern squaring off in Dublin, Ireland.

That game will be an interesting matchup between two teams looking for a rebound in 2022. Both teams won 3 games apiece in 2021 and are desperate to be competitive in the B1G West throughout this season.

Heading into the matchup, the Football Power Index sees what should be a lopsided affair. According to the FPI, Nebraska is favored to win the game and is given a 78.7% chance of beating Northwestern. That means the Wildcats are given just a 21.3% chance of pulling off an upset in Ireland.

While the odds are severely tilted toward Scott Frost’s squad, there are a few things to consider. Can Nebraska’s new-look offense gel quickly and get off to a hot start?

On the other side of things, can Northwestern’s defense rebound entering Jim Phillips’ second season with the Wildcats? And is it possible the potential for wet weather and jet lag helps level the playing field in Dublin?

Either way, meaningful football will be played, and that is reason enough for fans to rejoice.