ESPN’s FPI predicts winner of Floyd of Rosedale showdown between Iowa and Minnesota
Minnesota and Iowa will battle it out head-to-head in a B1G showdown that could have an effect on the West division champ.
The Gophers and Hawkeyes will also battle it out for control of a pig. That’s right, the pig. Named the Floyd of Rosedale and introduced in 1935, the winning team is presented with the bronze trophy in the shape of a pig. Originally, the pig was a live one, and was used as somewhat of a prank bet over the game between governors of the respective states back in 1935. Instead of using a live pig as betting chips, a trophy of the animal was commissioned to commemorate the winners of the game.
According to ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI), Minnesota has a 68% chance to take home the pig on Saturday. , while Iowa has only a 32% shot. Both teams enter the contest on 3-game winning streaks, with Minnesota just edging out the Hawkeyes with a 7-3 record compared to Iowa’s 6-4.
We’ll see who comes away as victors as the Golden Gophers and Hawkeyes kick off at 4:00 on Saturday.