ESPN’s FPI has a prediction for who will come out on top in Michigan State-Maryland. Both teams are coming off of losses in Week 4.

Michigan State lost a tough game in its B1G home opener. Minnesota walked into Spartan Stadium and left as the winner in a 34-7 affair. The Spartans are now 2-2 on the season after losses to the Minnesota and Washington.

Maryland lost its first game of the season against Michigan in Ann Arbor on Saturday. The Terps battled all the way to the end, but came up short against the Wolverines. Taulia Tagovailoa and Rakim Jarrett both suffered injuries during the game. Tagovailoa was seen practicing on Tuesday, but Jarrett was not.

RELATED: 2022 B1G Championship Odds

The Spartans have done well against the Terps in recent years. Michigan State is 10-2 against Maryland, and won last year’s meeting 40-21.

The Football Power Index is favoring Maryland this time around. ESPN’s FPI is giving Maryland a 64.6% chance to beat Michigan State on Saturday. Michigan State has a 35.4% chance of victory.

Mel Tucker’s 11-2 record last season will be something that the Spartans are hoping to replicate in 2022. Mike Locksley is trying to take his team to back-to-back bowl games for the first time since 2013 and 2014 after a 3-1 start.

Michigan State-Maryland will be kicking off Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET on FS1.