ESPN's FPI updates odds to make CFP following B1G's Week 4
Two Big Ten teams have better than 50% odds to make the College Football Playoff and better than 30% to reach the national championship game, according to ESPN’s FPI rating system.
Both Ohio State and Wisconsin, one the colossus, the second the league’s most consistent brand, are ranked second and third respectively. The Buckeyes are given a 61.4% chance to make the sport’s final four and a 38.4% chance to reach the title game. The Badgers have been installed at a 54.8% favorite to reach the semi-final, and 33.3% to make the ultimate showdown.
The rest of ESPN’s FPI top ten looks like this:
- Alabama: 88.8% to make CFP, (61.6% to make national championship)
- Ohio State: 61.4% CFP, (38.4% NC)
- Wisconsin: 54.8% CFP, (33.3% NC)
- Notre Dame: 48.6% CFP, (16.8% NC)
- Clemson: 42.8% CFP, (20.1% NC)
- Oregon: 29.8% CFP, (9.5% NC)
- BYU: 25.1% CFP, (6% NC)
- Florida: 17.9% CFP, (7% NC)
- Cincinnati: 12.0% CFP, (2.7% NC)
- Texas A&M: 6.7% CFP, (1.9% NC)