ESPN's SP+ predicts every B1G game during Champions Week
Despite a couple of the B1G Champions Week games canceled this weekend, there are still some good games on the schedule.
It all starts with the B1G Championship Game as No. 4 Ohio State will battle No. 14 Northwestern. If the Buckeyes win, they’ll have secured a trip to the College Football Playoff.
In another game, Penn State is trying to get their fourth straight win and salvage their season after they started out 0-5. It was their first 0-5 start in program history and the Nittany Lions will look to get that win against Illinois, who just fired head coach Lovie Smith.
Minnesota will look to finish their season at 4-3 when they play Wisconsin, who is coming off a third straight loss. Meanwhile, Maryland will look to finish at .500 when they play the Michigan State Spartans for their final matchup.
Here is how ESPN’s SP+ believes all of the B1G games will shake out this weekend:
- Nebraska 34, Rutgers 21
- Ohio State 34, Northwestern 16
- Penn State 36, Illinois 19
- Maryland 26, Michigan State 20
- Wisconsin 34, Minnesota 22
🔥 WEEK 16 SP+ PICKS 🔥
* 13 of 22 games projected within 1 score!
* Oregon: 40% chance of becoming a 4-2 conference champ #2020
* Let's get stupid, Ole Miss-LSU
* SP+ is underestimating the CRAP out of Buffalo and Bama (which is scary since Bama's still an easy #1 overall) pic.twitter.com/D1D5DME9l2
— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) December 16, 2020
Ohio State winning by 18 may be a surprise to some but with how they have played, it wouldn’t be a shock at all if that’s the final score. The SP+ also has Penn State winning fairly comfortably and the same can be said for Nebraska and Wisconsin.
This is shaping up to be quite the final weekend for B1G play.