ESPN's Todd McShay lists 9 B1G players in updated top 32 prospects for 2021 NFL Draft
It’s never too early to start thinking about the 2021 NFL Draft.
There’s going to be a lot of Big Ten players taken once again, and ESPN’s Todd McShay has nine players in his top 32 board already.
Up first in regards to the Big Ten is Justin Fields who ranks No. 2 overall on the list. He’s likely going to be the top quarterback taken after Trevor Lawrence (if he declares) and for good reason. So far this season, he has 11 touchdowns to no interceptions with 908 yards passing.
At No. 5 comes Penn State’s Micah Parsons and that’s not a surprise either. Despite opting out of the 2020 season, he has 99 career solo tackles with 6.5 sacks and six forced fumbles. He’ll likely be a top 10 pick in next year’s draft.
The last Big Ten player in McShay’s top 10 is wide receiver Rashod Bateman of Minnesota. He’s also off to a rocking start this season as he has 24 receptions for 302 yards and one touchdown. He’s had five or more catches in each of the Gophers’ three games as well.
Here’s where the Big Ten players ranked in McShay’s rankings:
- No. 2: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- No. 5: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- No. 8: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- No. 14: Rashawn Slater, C, Northwestern
- No. 15: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
- No. 17: Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan
- No. 21: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State
- No. 26: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
- No. 29: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
Be sure to check out McShay’s full top 32 prospects list here. Article requires ESPN+ subscription.