Every B1G player selected in Round 4 of 2023 NFL Draft
The 2023 NFL Draft is rolling with Day 3 coverage and the later rounds on tap. To begin Saturday’s coverage, teams made their selections throughout the fourth round.
Out of the B1G, 7 stars heard their names called throughout Round 4. Those selections add to what was a historic showing across the first two rounds on Thursday and Friday.
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
There is big news coming to the upcoming 2022-23 Big Ten football season (and NFL season). Ohio online sports betting and Maryland sports betting are on the way.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Here is every B1G player that came off the board to begin Saturday:
- No. 104 — Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland — Las Vegas Raiders
- No. 110 — Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 111 — Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State — Cleveland Browns
- No. 112 — Chad Ryland, K, Maryland — New England Patriots
- No. 131 — Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 132 — Nick Herbig, OLB, Wisconsin — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 135 — Aidan O’Connell, QB, Purdue — Las Vegas Raiders
Dawand Jones notably will not have far to travel. He heads to Cleveland where he will try and carve out a role along the offensive line for the Browns.
Chad Ryland joins Michigan’s Jake Moody as B1G kickers to come off the board in the draft, and Ryland should get a serious shot to contribute with the Patriots early on. He has the type of long-range leg necessary to kick in the NFL.
As for the Purdue duo, Charlie Jones will get the chance to catch passes from Joe Burrow with the Bengals. Aidan O’Connell will likely be competing for the backup job with the Raiders behind Jimmy Garoppolo but could be a name to watch in a few seasons if he develops.
Nick Herbig — a true stand-up OLB and pass rusher — could have found the perfect fit with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He will try and land playing time opposite superstar pass rusher and fellow Badger TJ Watt.