Filthy rich: How much money every 2022 B1G first-round draft pick will make
The first round of the 2022 NFL Draft wrapped up Thursday night with a solid showing by the B1G.
When the dust settled, Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson went No. 2 overall to the Detroit Lions as the conference landed a trio of top-15 picks. In total, 3 B1G receivers were a part of a WR-heavy showing in the first 20 picks of the draft.
The B1G also landed 7 total players in the first round with Purdue’s George Karlaftis and Michigan’s Dax Hill coming off the board late in the round. All in all, it was a solid showing for the conference.
Financially speaking, Hutchinson will lead the way for the B1G players with a projected total value for his rookie contract at No. 2 listed over $35 million. Over $23 million of that is expected to come in a signing bonus.
Here is a look at the projected contracts and signing bonus for every B1G player in the first round, courtesy of Spotrac:
- No. 2 – Detroit Lions, DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan: $35,713,386 total value; $23,153,372 signing bonus
- No. 10 – New York Jets, WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State: $20,554,004 total value; $12,128,366 signing bonus
- No. 11 – New Orleans Saints, WR Chris Olave, Ohio State: $19,271,875 total value; $11,195,909 signing bonus
- No. 16 – Washington Commanders, WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State: $15,048,358 total value; $8,124,260 signing bonus
- No. 25 – Baltimore Ravens, C Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa: $13,238,286 total value; $6,807,844 signing bonus
- No. 30 – Kansas City Chiefs, DE George Karlaftis, Purdue: $11,935,481 total value; $5,860,350 signing bonus
- No. 31 Cincinnati Bengals, S Dax Hill, Michigan: $11,667,014 total value; $5,665,101 signing bonus