Filthy rich: How much money every 2023 B1G first-round draft pick will make
The 2023 NFL Draft is heading for its conclusion Saturday evening with a number of NFL hopefuls hearing their names called.
The beginning of the action came Thursday night with the first round of picks revealed. In the end, Alabama’s Bryce Young was the No. 1 overall pick while pre-draft chatter surrounding CJ Stroud did not come to fruition.
The Buckeye QB became the second overall pick to the Houston Texans with Stroud headlining a group of 9 B1G players selected in the first round. This year, there was no single position that shined from the conference with the group containing offensive tackles, an edge rusher, a defensive tackle, a linebacker, a wide receiver and a cornerback all selected in addition to Stroud at quarterback.
As for those players, they are set to cash in with a massive payday via their first NFL contracts. Here is what every B1G player selected in the first round is projected to make via Spotrac:
- No. 2 — Houston Texans, QB CJ Stroud, Ohio State: $36,279,243 total value; $23,384,904 signing bonus
- No. 5 — Seattle Seahawks, CB Devon Witherspoon, Illinois: $31,861,152 total value; $20,171,747 signing bonus
- No. 6 — Arizona Cardinals, OT Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State: $28,052,454 total value; $17,401,785 signing bonus
- No. 11 — Tennessee Titans, OT Peter Skoronski, Northwestern: $19,673,317 total value; $11,307,867 signing bonus
- No. 13 — Green Bay Packers, Edge Lukas Van Ness, Iowa: $17,388,091 total value; $9,645,884 signing bonus
- No. 18 — Detroit Lions, LB Jack Campbell, Iowa: $14,722,004 total value; $7,706,912 signing bonus
- No. 20 — Seattle Seahawks, WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State: $14,417,307 total value, $7,485,314 signing bonus
- No. 24 — New York Giants, CB Deonte Banks, Maryland: $13,579,393 total value; $6,875,922 signing bonus
- No. 26 — Dallas Cowboys, DT Mazi Smith, Michigan: $13,274,696 total value; $6,654,325 signing bonus