Here are the B1G statistical leaders after Week 3 of the 2021 season
Week 3 of the Big Ten season is in the books.
The individual leaderboards in the Big Ten have begun to stabilize, as there’s not much change from last week on either side of the ball.
CJ Stroud and Taulia Tagovailoa are still pacing the conference in passing yards per game, while Nebraska’s Adrian Martinez jumped into the top three for the first time this season. He’s benefitted from playing an extra game, but he’s the only Big Ten passer to surpass 1,000 yards already this season.
Kenneth Walker III and Dontay Demus Jr. continue to lead the conference in rushing and receiving yards, respectively. Aidan Hutchinson added on to his B1G-leading sack total in Michigan’s win over Northern Illinois last week.
Here’s the complete list of statistical leaders in the Big Ten after Week 3:
1. QB CJ Stroud, Ohio State — 321 yards per game
2. QB Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland — 318.7 yards per game
3. QB Adrian Martinez, Nebraska — 254.3 yards per game
1. RB Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State — 164.3 yards per game
2. RB Blake Corum, Michigan — 135.7 yards per game
3. RB Chez Mellusi, Wisconsin — 132.5 yards per game
1. WR Dontay Demus, Jr., Maryland — 112.7 yards per game
2. WR David Bell, Purdue — 106.3 yards per game
3. WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State — 92.3 yards per game
1. LB Olakunle Fatukasi, Rutgers — 10.3 tackles per game
2. LB Chris Bergin, Northwestern — 10.3 tackles per game
3. DB Ronnie Hickman, Ohio State — 10.0 tackles per game
1. DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan — 4.5 sacks
2. DL Sam Okuayinonu, Maryland — 4 sacks
3. LB Olakunle Fatukasi, Rutgers — 3.5 sacks
6 players tied with 2 interceptions:
1. DB Riley Moss, Iowa
2. DB Max Melton, Rutgers
3. DB Matt Hankins, Iowa
4. DB Jakorian Bennett, Maryland
5. DB Deontai Williams, Nebraska
6. DB Nick Cross, Maryland