Here are the B1G statistical leaders after Week 7 of the 2020 season
The Big Ten’s season has just one week left.
Offensively, Ohio State continues to dominate the Big Ten. Quarterback Justin Fields remains No. 1 atop the passing charts, but his two leading receivers are now also leading the conference. Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave are now the top two leaders in yards per game for the Big Ten.
Maryland also has two representatives this week in running back Jake Funk and quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa.
Defensively, Iowa and Indiana continue to stand out. Iowa’s Daviyon Nixon leads the conference in sacks while linebacker Nick Niemann is second in tackles. The Hoosiers have two of the top four interceptions leaders in the conference thanks to Jaylin Williams and Jamar Johnson. Indiana’s Micah McFadden is also now tied for third in sacks.
Here’s the rest of the Big Ten leaders through Week 7:
Passing leaders (yards per game)
- QB Justin Fields, Ohio State: 281.4
- QB Michael Penix Jr., Indiana: 274.2
- QB Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland, 252.8
Rushing leaders (yards per game)
- RB Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota: 163.4
- RB Jake Funk, Maryland: 112
- RB Tyler Goodson, Iowa, 93.71
Receiving leaders (yards per game)
- WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State: 114.4
- WR Chris Olave, Ohio State: 105.6
- WR David Bell, Purdue: 104.2
- LB Olakunle Fatukasi, Rutgers: 93
- LB Nick Niemann, Iowa: 69
- LB Antjuan Simmons, Michigan State: 65
1. Daviyon Nixon, Iowa: 5.5
T-2. DL Owen Carney Jr., Illinois: 5
T-2. LB Micah McFadden, Indiana: 5
T-1. DB Brandon Joseph, Northwestern: 5
T-1. DB Shakur Brown, Michigan State: 5
T-3. DB Jaylin Williams, Indiana: 4
T-3. DB Jamar Johnson, Indiana: 4