Here's a look at the B1G standings following Week 8 action
Once the final seconds ticked off the clock in No. 16 Iowa’s 28-7 home victory over the Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday, the Big Ten Conference’s eight-week regular season was officially complete.
Balancing the league’s coronavirus (COVID-19) protocols with their desires to play, the Hawkeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, and Rutgers Scarlet Knights were the only three programs to play all eight games.
Three schools – the Maryland Terrapins, No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes, and Wisconsin Badgers – only played five games.
With the conference set to hold their Champions Week on December 19, here is how the regular season standings wrapped up.
- No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes: 5-0 (4-0 Division)
- No. 12 Indiana Hoosiers: 6-1 (5-1)
- Maryland Terrapins: 2-3 (1-2)
- Penn State Nittany Lions: 3-5 (3-3)
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 3-5 (2-4)
- Michigan Wolverines: 2-4 (1-3)
- Michigan State Spartans: 2-5 (1-4)
- Ohio State’s home date with Michigan was canceled because of COVID-19 concerns within the Wolverines’ program
- Indiana’s home clash with Purdue was canceled due to both programs experiencing COVID-19 issues
- Maryland lost to Rutgers, 27-24, in overtime in College Park
- Penn State defeated Michigan State, 39-24, in State College
- No. 14 Northwestern Wildcats: 6-1 (4-0 Division)
- No. 16 Iowa Hawkeyes: 6-2 (4-2)
- Minnesota Golden Gophers: 3-3 (2-1)
- Wisconsin Badgers: 2-3 (1-2)
- Purdue Boilermakers: 2-4 (2-3)
- Illinois Fighting Illini: 2-5 (1-4)
- Nebraska Cornhuskers: 2-5 (1-3)
- Northwestern beat Illinois, 28-10, in Evanston
- Iowa topped Wisconsin, 28-7, at Kinnick Stadium
- Minnesota defeated Nebraska, 24-17, in Lincoln