Here's every B1G West team's bowl destination
With the regular season and conference championships in the books, it’s time to set our sites on the college football bowl season. After a long wait, we finally found out what bowls each B1G team landed.
Five teams from the B1G West were bowl eligible this season, and its the same squads that earned a bowl berth at the end of 2015.
Where will each team be heading for their final game of the year?
Here’s the list:
- National Funding Holiday Bowl, Dec. 27: Washington State (8-4) vs. Minnesota (8-4)
- NewEra Pinstripe Bowl, Dec. 28: Northwestern (6-6) vs. Pittsburgh (8-4)
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Nebraska (9-3) vs. Tennessee (8-4)
- Outback Bowl, Jan 2: Iowa (8-4) vs. Florida (8-4)
- Goodyear Cotton Bowl, Jan 2: No. 15 Western Michigan (13-0) vs. No. 8 Wisconsin (10-3)
There are some really interesting matchups this bowl season for the B1G West.
The Holiday Bowl will see a clash of styles with Washington State’s high-powered offense lining up across from Minnesota’s stingy defense. The same thing could be said in the Cotton Bowl, when Wisconsin tries to hand P.J. Fleck and Western Michigan its first loss of the season.
Justin Jackson and James Conner will highlight the NewEra Pinstripe Bowl in what should be an interesting battle of running backs. And defense will be the main story in Tampa when Iowa and Florida meet up in the Outback Bowl.
Finally, the Music City Bowl features two teams who fell short of expectations this year. Nebraska and Tennessee ended the season with sour tastes in their mouths, each falling to their rival. This might be one of the better non-New Year’s Six bowl games this winter.