Here's the highest-ranked signee for every B1G team on Day 1 of the Early Signing Period
The first day of this year’s Early Signing Period is coming to a close!
While there is still time to add to a team’s 2021 recruiting class, a lot of the heavy lifting was finalized Wednesday. A number of prospects put pen to paper in finalizing their first destination for college.
As we know, some of these players will not finish out their college careers at their first destination. But even with that knowledge, it remains clear that recruiting is still the heart and soul of building a consistent college football powerhouse.
Ryan Day and Ohio State were the biggest story in the conference with the Buckeyes making a push to land the No. 1 overall class for 2021. As things currently stand, Ohio State is at No. 2 nationally on the rankings provided by 247 Sports.
As teams get set for the final push heading toward National Signing Day in February, here is a look at the highest-rated prospect signed by each team on Wednesday. (National ranking listed is that provided by the 247 Sports Composite.)
- Brody Wisecarver, 3-star OG, Missouri – No. 475 nationally
- Jaquez Smith, 4-star WR, Georgia – No. 241 nationally
- David Davidkov, 4-star OT, Illinois – No. 141 nationally
- Demeioun Robinson, 4-star WDE, Maryland – No. 64 player nationally
- JJ McCarthy, 5-star pro-style QB, Florida – No. 22 nationally
- Ma’a Gaoteote, 4-star OLB, Nevada – No. 155 nationally
- Athan Kaliakmanis, 4-star dual-threat QB, Illinois – No. 322 nationally
- Thomas Fidone, 4-star TE, Iowa – No. 88 nationally
- Mac Uihlein, 4-star ILB, Illinois – No. 334 nationally
- Jack Sawyer, 5-star SDE, Ohio – No. 4 nationally
- Landon Tengwall, 4-star OT, Maryland – No. 50 nationally
- Yanni Karlaftis, 4-star OLB, Indiana – No. 260 nationally
- Alijah Clark, 4-star CB, New Jersey – No. 269 nationally
- Nolan Rucci, 5-star OT, Pennsylvania – No. 15 nationally