Here's the schedule, tip-off times and TV info for the 2020 B1G-ACC Challenge
The 2020 Big Ten/ACC Challenge gets underway on Tuesday evening, and there are several high-profile matchups.
The series this year will take place over two games, with seven games on Tuesday and seven games on Wednesday.
For Tuesday night, the marquee matchups are No. 5 Illinois at No. 6 Duke and No. 14 North Carolina at No. 3 Iowa.
Illinois only has one loss this season, which came against No. 2 Baylor last week. Preseason All-American guard Ayo Dosunmu is averaging 23.8 points per game with an elite 59 percent true shooting percentage.
Iowa is led by National Player of the Year candidate Luka Garza, who is off to an insane start this season. He’s averaging 34 points per game on just 16.7 shots per contest. He’s also hitting an unsustainable 62.5 percent of his 3-point attempts on 2.7 tries per game.
Wednesday night’s slate is headlined by a ranked matchup between No. 8 Michigan State and No. 15 Virginia. The Spartans haven’t looked invincible so far this season, but they have been solid. Tom Izzo’s squad is 5-0 heading into that game against the Cavaliers.
The Big Ten has been the better conference in this challenge over the last decade. Since 2009, the ACC has only won this challenge twice. The Big Ten has won it six times in that span, including last season.
Overall, the ACC leads the challenge with a record of 12-6-3. This series has been played every year since 1999.
Here’s the full schedule for this week:
Tuesday, Dec. 8
- Boston College at Minnesota, 7 P.M. ET, ESPNU
- Purdue at Miami (FL), 5 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- No. 23 Ohio State at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- No. 14 North Carolina at No. 3 Iowa, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Penn State at No. 16 Virginia Tech, 9 p.m. ET, ESPNU
- No. 5 Illinois at No. 6 Duke, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Syracuse at No. 24 Rutgers, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2
Wednesday, Dec. 9
- Maryland at Clemson, 5 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- NC State at Michigan, 7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN2 (POSTPONED)
- Louisville at No. 7 Wisconsin, 7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN (POSTPONED)
- Georgia Tech at Nebraska, 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPNU
- Indiana at No. 22 Florida State, 7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- No. 8 Michigan State at No. 15 Virginia, 9:15 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Pitt at Northwestern, 9:15 p.m. ET, ESPNU