Here's what the B1G Champions Week matchups would look like if the season ended after Week 5
We’re getting closer to the end of the 2020 season and the talk is continuing about how the Big Ten Championship week landscape will look.
Northwestern’s win over Wisconsin on Saturday has put the Wildcats firmly in the top spot of the B1G West, and their dominating defense could create a threat to Ohio State’s claim to the top overall spot in the league.
The Buckeyes displayed some vulnerability on Saturday, after the Indiana defense was able to intercept Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields three times and keep the Buckeyes explosive offense from being able to pull away the Hoosiers.
Using current records and standings, here’s a look at what a Big Ten Championship Week would look like today:
- No. 1 Ohio State (4-0) vs. No. 1 Northwestern (5-0)
- No. 2 Indiana (4-1) vs. No. 2 Wisconsin (2-1)
- No. 3 Maryland (2-1) vs. No. 3 Iowa (3-2)
- No. 4 Michigan (2-3) vs. No. 4 Purdue (2-2)
- No. 5 Michigan State (1-3) vs. No. 5 Minnesota (2-3)
- No. 6 Rutgers (1-4) vs. No. 6 Illinois (2-3)
- No. 7 Penn State (0-5) vs. No. 7 Nebraska (1-3)