Here's what the B1G Champions Week matchups would look like if the season ended today
We haven’t gotten to the end of the season yet but it’s never too early to look at what some Big Ten Champions Week matchups would look like if the season ended today.
Indiana and Northwestern have been the darlings of their respective divisions. The Hoosiers have defeated Penn State and Michigan and sit alone atop the B1G East because of Ohio State’s canceled game against Maryland. The Wildcats are also sitting in the No. 1 spot in the B1G by themselves after a win over Purdue.
There’s a lot of good games that would be on this list but also some that wouldn’t garner much attention.
Here are what the games would look like currently if there was a Big Ten Champions Week:
- No. 1 Indiana (4-0) vs. No. 1 Northwestern (4-0)
- No. 2 Ohio State (3-0) vs. No. 2 Wisconsin (2-0)
- No. 3 Maryland (2-1) vs. No. 3 Purdue (2-1)
- No. 4 Michigan State (1-3) vs. No. 4 Iowa (2-2)
- No. 5 Michigan (1-3) vs. No. 5 Nebraska (1-2)
- No. 6 Rutgers (1-3) vs. No. 6 Minnesota (1-3)
- No. 7 Penn State (0-4) vs. No. 7 Illinois (1-3)
How much will this change after Week 5? We’ll revisit next Sunday.