Here's where B1G teams landed in Brett McMurphy's latest bowl projections
As November starts and we begin to look at the bowl games that are on the college football horizon, Stadium Network’s College Football Insider Brett McMurphy has announced his list of projected bowl game matchups for the upcoming college bowl season.
Included in McMurphy’s projections are eight B1G teams, highlighted by No. 2 Ohio State projected to meet up with Clemson in the CFP Semifinals.
Here’s the full list:
- Rose Bowl (CFP Semifinal): Ohio State (CFP No. 2) vs. Clemson (CFP No. 3)
- Fiesta Bowl: USC vs. Wisconsin
- Citrus Bowl: Indiana vs. Auburn
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl: North Carolina vs. Penn State
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl: Michigan vs. West Virginia
- Music City Bowl: Michigan vs. Tennessee
- Outback Bowl: Northwestern vs. Kentucky
- Pinstripe Bowl: NC State vs. Purdue
The Buckeyes handily beat Penn State 38-25 in Beaver Stadium on Saturday for their second win of the season. Buckeyes quarterback, and Heisman candidate Justin Fields put together another brilliant performance, completing 28 of 34 passes for 318 yards and four touchdowns.
Several other B1G squads have also made the list.
Opening the 2020 season with 2-0 starts, Indiana, Purdue and Northwestern are anticipated to be playing after the regular season ends. The Hoosiers are projected to head to the Citrus Bowl, while Purdue could find themselves in the Pinstripe Bowl and Northwestern in the Outback Bowl.
Note: It appears there is an error with Michigan listed in both the Music City Bowl and Guaranteed Rate Bowl. We can assume one of those is Michigan State, but it has not been updated at the time of publication.
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) November 3, 2020