Joe Lunardi projects 8 B1G teams to reach 2022 NCAA Tournament in way-too-early bracketology
Just a few weeks ago, we put a bow on the college basketball season. Baylor defeated Gonzaga in the national championship to round out the unique and entertaining year on the hardwood.
Somewhat disappointing during the postseason was the B1G’s performance in the NCAA Tournament. Eight of the nine teams to earn a spot in the field were defeated before the Sweet 16, and the conference regular season champion Michigan was eliminated in the Elite Eight.
But Joe Lunardi still believes the B1G will have another strong season in 2021-22, enough to get over half the league into the Big Dance. Recently, the ESPN college basketball analyst released his way-too-early bracketology for next year’s tournament. He believes eight teams are getting into the field out of the B1G.
Here’s a look at the eight teams Lunardi has in the field, as well as their projected seeding:
- No. 2 seed: Ohio State Buckeyes
- No. 2 seed: Purdue Boilermakers
- No. 2 seed: Michigan Wolverines
- No. 3 seed: Maryland Terrapins
- No. 4 seed: Michigan State Spartans
- No. 7 seed: Indiana Hoosiers
- No. 8 seed: Illinois Fighting Illini
- No. 11 seed: Northwestern Wildcats
Lunardi also has Wisconsin listed as one of the Last Four Out.
You can view Lunardi’s complete bracket projection here.