Mel Kiper Jr. tabs 7 former B1G players as 1st-round picks in latest NFL Mock Draft
As the NFL Scouting Combine approaches, Mel Kiper Jr. is making a few tweaks to his latest NFL Mock Draft. After a few changes, the ESPN draft expert now has seven former B1G players listed as first-round selections come April.
Kiper recently released his latest NFL Mock Draft, and he still believes the Cincinnati Bengals will take LSU quarterback Joe Burrow with the No. 1 overall selection in the 2020 NFL Draft. But Kiper sees three former B1G stars getting drafted in the top eight spots, including Ohio State defensive end Chase Young at No. 2.
If that was the case, it would be the third-straight year the B1G had the No. 2 overall pick. Saquon Barkley was taken No. 2 overall by the New York Giants in 2017 and Nick Bosa was taken No. 2 overall by the San Francisco 49ers last year.
Ohio State defensive back Jeff Okudah and Iowa offensive lineman Tristan Wirfs were also inside the top eight, according to Kiper.
Kiper is predicting that Ohio State and Iowa will each have two selections in the upcoming draft. He’s projecting Penn State, Michigan and Minnesota to all have one player selected.
Below is where Kiper is projecting each of the seven B1G first-round picks to go come April:
- No. 2: Chase Young, DE, Ohio State — Washington Redskins
- No. 4: Jeff Okudah, DB, Ohio State — New York Giants
- No. 8: Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 16: A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 25: Antoine Winfield Jr., DB, Minnesota — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 29: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State — Tennessee Titans
- No. 32: Cesar Ruiz, OL, Michigan — Kansas City Chiefs