Michigan's five FBS programs made history this season
Football was pretty good in the state of Michigan in 2019 and it has translated to a history-making year on the gridiron.
With bowl announcements trickling out on Sunday, all five FBS schools from the state of Michigan received an invitation to the postseason. It’s the first time that all five have reached a bowl game in the same season.
Michigan’s FBS schools include two from the B1G (Michigan and Michigan State) and three from the MAC (Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan and Western Michigan). Below are each team’s bowl placement and matchup:
- New Mexico Bowl: Central Michigan (8-5) vs. San Diego State (9-3)
- Quick Lane Bowl: Eastern Michigan (6-6) vs. Pitt (7-5)
- First Responder Bowl: Western Michigan (7-5) vs. Western Kentucky (8-4)
- Pinstripe Bowl: Michigan State (6-6) vs. Wake Forest (8-4)
- Citrus Bowl: Michigan (9-3) vs. Alabama (10-2)
It’s a rarity for states with so many FBS schools to see all reach the postseason. But that’s the case for Michigan this year. It doesn’t matter who you pull for from the state, all five enjoyed really good seasons.