NFL Draft analyst Lance Zierlein includes 6 B1G stars in latest 2021 mock draft
The road to the NFL Draft in April continues to get clearer following the week of Senior Bowl practices and the annual game over the weekend.
Obviously, that week of action did not include underclassmen working out and participating, but the work of seniors has provided a clearer picture of the draft stock on a number of players. That impacts certain mock drafts as we head into the month of February.
Thursday morning, NFL Draft Analyst Lance Zierlein unveiled his latest first-round mock draft for 2021. Included in his mock were six B1G players, led by Penn State LB Micah Parsons coming off the board at No. 6 overall.
The most fascinating and intriguing projection for Zierlein came with Ohio State QB Justin Fields coming off the board at No. 15 overall. Not only is that lower than most other analysts have Fields, but it would mean Fields is selected by the New England Patriots to start his NFL career. That would definitely be an interesting move for sure.
Here are the B1G stars mocked in the first round:
- No. 6 Philadelphia Eagles – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- No. 8 Carolina Panthers – Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
- No. 15 New England Patriots – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- No. 21 Indianapolis Colts – Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
- No. 22 Tennessee Titans – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
- No. 32 Kansas City Chiefs – Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern