NFL Draft analyst Lance Zierlein unveils latest 2022 mock draft with new No. 1 pick
The NFL Draft is right around the corner and the race to the No. 1 pick remains an interesting discussion among analysts.
In particular, NFL.com Draft analyst Lance Zierlein is one analyst that differs from the majority of most other analysts putting on mock drafts. In many circles, Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson is widely regarded as the eventual top pick in the draft.
Meanwhile, Zierlein included Georgia’s Travon Walker as the top overall pick in his latest mock. Hutchinson, fortunately, did not fall far, going No. 2 overall to the Detroit Lions in Zierlein’s mock.
In total, Zierlein projected 5 B1G players coming off the board in the first round. The most notable mention on Zierlein’s list is Minnesota’s Boye Mafe sneaking into the first round as a late pick.
Here are the B1G players projected to go in the first round:
- No. 2 Detroit Lions – Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
- No. 8 Atlanta Falcons – Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
- No. 14 Baltimore Ravens – George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue
- No. 23 Kansas City Chiefs – Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
- No. 30 Kansas City Chiefs – Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota