NFL Mock Draft: Bucky Brooks shares first-round projections for 8 B1G stars in 2023 Draft
NFL Mock Draft coverage for the 2023 NFL Draft continues to roll out heading toward the end of January.
Bucky Brooks, an analyst with NFL.com, joined the number of mock drafts rolling out recently with his first look at this year’s field. While some analysts are projecting the Chicago Bears to trade out of the top pick, Brooks has the organization staying put and going with a defensive player in Alabama Edge prospect Will Anderson.
In terms of the crowded crop of quarterbacks, Alabama’s Bryce Young is the first QB off the board in Brooks’ mock draft, going No. 2 overall to the Houston Texans. Ohio State’s CJ Stroud was not far behind as the second QB selected, going No. 4 overall.
Stroud headlines a group of 8 B1G stars that Brooks currently sees as first-round picks. That group includes some offensive line pillars and game-changing pieces in the secondary.
- No. 4 — CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 7 — Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State — Las Vegas Raiders
- No. 8 — Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 16 — Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois — Washington Commanders
- No. 17 — Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 20 — Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State — Seattle Seahawks
- No. 26 — Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland — Dallas Cowboys
- No. 29 — Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa — Denver Broncos