No B1G names among Heisman favorites for 2021 season
There’s no doubt that plenty of talent will be back in the B1G during the 2021 college football season, but right now, nobody is standing out in terms of the race for the Heisman Trophy.
William Hill Sports Book recently released a list of the players with the best odds to win the 2021 Heisman Trophy. None of the players mentioned came out of the B1G.
The B1G is in the middle of a Heisman drought. The conference has not seen a player claim the award since Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith received the honor following the 2006 season. Multiple players have been invited to the ceremony, but it’s been over a decade since a B1G player has held college football’s highest honor.
Here’s a look at some of the players that were included on the list with the best odds to win the award after next season:
- Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma (+500)
- Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (+600)
- DJ Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson (+700)
- JT Daniels, QB, Georgia (+1000)
- Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina (+1000)
- D’Eriq King, QB, Miami (+1400)
- Kedon Slovis, QB, USC (+2000)
- Jayden Daniels, QB, Arizona State (+2500)
- Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas (+2500)
- Brock Purdy, QB, Iowa State (+3000)