We’re just a couple weeks away from the start of the 2019 college football season.
With that, come a number of lists. Watch lists, betting odds for future awards, etc. This is the time of year for all of that.
The crew at Pro Football Focus do a great job at grading how each player does on each team in every single game. The site used its grades — among other things — to figure out and rank the starting QBs in college football. Yes, all 130 of them.
Here is where the Big Ten teams’ signal-callers ended up:
13. Michigan — Shea Patterson
16. Ohio State — Justin Fields
24. Nebraska — Adrian Martinez
31. Penn State — Sean Clifford
39. Maryland — Josh Jackson
48. Northwestern — Hunter Johnson
51. Iowa — Nate Stanley
54. Indiana — Peyton Ramsey
76. Michigan State — Brian Lewerke
86. Minnesota — Tanner Morgan
94. Purdue — Elijah Sindelar
106. Wisconsin — Graham Mertz/Jack Coan
107. Illinois — Isaiah Williams/Brandon Peters
130. Rutgers — Artur Sitkowski
What do you think of PFF’s rankings?