PFF releases analytically-driven 2023 NFL mock draft, 11 B1G stars projected to go first round
The 2023 NFL Draft is set to kick off in under a week!
Plenty of storylines are floating around a few B1G stars, especially a few from Ohio State such as CJ Stroud and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. On Saturday morning, PFF released an analytically-driven Round 1 mock draft. This puts an emphasis on positional value alongside PFF player grades and statistics.
This projection had 13 B1G stars selected first round, including 3 in the top 10: Stroud, Ohio State OT Paris Johnson and Northwestern OT Peter Skoronski. Ohio State had the most representatives in the mock draft, finishing with 4 drafted in Round 1. Northwestern has 2 going Round 1 according to PFF.
Below is the full list of B1G stars selected in this mock draft:
- C.J. Stroud, Ohio State – No. 2 overall to the Houston Texans
- Paris Johnson, Ohio State – No. 9 overall to the Chicago Bears
- Peter Skoronski, Northwestern – No. 10 overall to the Philadelphia Eagles
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State – No. 11 overall to the Tennessee Titans
- Lukas Van Ness, Iowa – No. 12 overall to the Houston Texans
- Devon Witherspoon, Illinois – No. 14 overall to the New England Patriots
- Joey Porter Jr., Penn State – No. 16 overall to the Washington Commanders
- Deonte Banks, Maryland – No. 18 overall to the Detroit Lions
- Dawand Jones, Ohio State – No. 28 overall to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Mazi Smith, Michigan – No. 29 overall to the New Orleans Saints
- Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern – No. 30 overall to the Philadelphia Eagles