PFF's latest 2021 NFL Mock Draft includes 9 B1G players as 1st-round picks
It’s possible the Big Ten will produce nearly one third of the first round picks in the 2021 NFL draft.
That’s the projection from Pro Football Focus, who released their latest NFL mock draft this week.
Their mock has nine Big Ten players being selected in the first round, including three from Ohio State. Here’s the details:
4. Atlanta Falcons: QB Justin Fields, Ohio State
8. New York Giants: EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan
9. Carolina Panthers: LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
20. Chicago Bears: OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
22. Cleveland Browns: CB Shaun Wade, Ohio State
24. Baltimore Ravens: WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
25. Tennessee Titans: EDGE Jayson Oweh, Penn State
29. New Orleans Saints: WR Rondale Moore, Purdue
31. Green Bay Packers: WR Chris Olave, Ohio State
Fields, Wade and Olave are all good bets to go in the first round, with Olave being the least likely of the three depending on how many teams decide to go with a receiver in round one.
If Wade ends up with the Browns, he’d be united with former Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward in that secondary.
Fields is an Atlanta, Ga., native, so being picked by the Falcons would be something of a homecoming for him.
Penn State is the only other program projected to have more than one selection. The Nittany Lions have linebacker Micah Parsons and edge rusher Jayson Oweh.
Michigan, Northwestern, Minnesota and Purdue were also represented.
The 2021 NFL Draft is scheduled for April 29-May 1.