Purdue's George Karlaftis first B1G player off the board, 4 Buckeyes projected as first-round picks in way-too-early mock draft from CBS Sports
Even though the 2021 NFL Draft just concluded over the weekend, some analysts are already looking ahead to next year’s event. Still a year away, some way-too-early projections have already been released.
CBS Sports recently revealed its way-too-early first-round mock draft for the 2022 NFL Draft. Seven players out of the B1G are considered to be Day 1 picks, led by Purdue defensive end George Karlaftis. He was the only Boilermaker considered to be a first-round prospect for the draft.
No team from the B1G had more first-round projections than Ohio State, with four Buckeyes expected to be taken within the first 32 picks next year. Wide receivers Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, as well as cornerback Sevyn Banks and defensive lineman Zach Harrison were all mentioned by CBS.
Penn State offensive lineman Rasheed Walker and Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson were also included to round out the B1G’s seven picks. Below is where CBS has each B1G player headed next year:
- No. 12: George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (New York Giants)
- No. 13: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (Minnesota Vikings)
- No. 17: Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (Tennessee Titans)
- No. 19: Zach Harrison, DE, Ohio State (Philadelphia Eagles)
- No. 23: Rasheed Walker, OL, Penn State (Indianapolis Colts)
- No. 24: Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan (Cleveland Browns)
- No. 30: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (Buffalo Bills)
This year, seven B1G players were selected in the first round. Northwestern and Penn State each produced two selections while Ohio State, Michigan and Minnesota each had one player taken on Day 1.
You can see the complete mock draft from CBS Sports here.