School bus carrying high school football team catches fire on way home from game
A Kentucky high school football team encountered an incredibly scary circumstance on the way home from a game on Friday night.
Players and coaches from Scott County (Georgetown, KY) High School found themselves in a serious situation when a school bus carrying the team went up in flames due to a “malfunction.” The bus caught fire in Lexington, after a game against Fredrick Douglas High School.
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
There is big news coming to the upcoming 2022-23 Big Ten football season (and NFL season). Ohio online sports betting and Maryland sports betting are on the way.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
WKYT’s (Lexington) report says that the bus caught fire in the rear before engulfing the entire bus, and about 100 gallons of fuel leaked out of the bus during the fire. The tires were seen smoking before the entire bus caught fire.
According to the report, all players, coaches and the bus driver were able to exit the bus safely.
WKYT’s Alex Walker caught video of the bus in flames:
Here's the video of the @ScottCoSports bus on fire. Video from @buzzbaker. Glad everyone is SAFE. https://t.co/NIX4m57JpB pic.twitter.com/4YaeNnilYb
— Alex Walker (@AlexWalkerTV) September 25, 2021