Seeds, matchups for the B1G's 9 NCAA Tournament teams announced
March Madness is here!
After missing out on the NCAA Tournament in 2020, a full 68-team tournament is in store beginning this week. The entire tournament will be played within Indiana, and it should provide plenty of fireworks throughout.
Following Illinois’ win over Ohio State in the B1G Tournament championship, CBS unveiled the full bracket for this year’s March Madness. Leading the way on the bracket is the B1G with an astounding nine teams on the bracket.
A couple of things to note were Michigan and Illinois snagging 1-seeds on the bracket. And Michigan State, clawing its way to the Tournament over the final month of the season, finds itself in a First Four matchup against UCLA.
Below is where every B1G team in the NCAA Tournament is seeded. (Note, locations for games have not yet been finalized.)
- 2-seed Iowa vs 15-seed Grand Canyon
- 9-seed Wisconsin vs 8-seed North Carolina
- 4-seed Purdue vs 13-seed North Texas
- 2-seed Ohio State vs 15-seed Oral Roberts
- 1-seed Illinois vs 16-seed Drexel
- 10-seed Rutgers vs 7-seed Clemson
- 1-seed Michigan vs 16-seed winner Mount St. Mary’s/Texas Southern
- 11-seed First Four: Michigan State vs UCLA vs 6-seed BYU
- 10-seed Maryland vs 7-seed UConn