Seven former B1G players included in Mel Kiper Jr.'s first-round mock draft
Several former B1G football players could hear their names called on the first night of the 2020 NFL Draft, according to ESPN expert Mel Kiper Jr.
Friday, Kiper released his first-round mock draft for the 2020 NFL Draft, now with the draft order known. Seven former B1G stars were included as projected first-round selections come late April. Kiper has two former Ohio State stars being selected in the first three picks.
There are also two former Iowa players and a pair of ex-Penn State stars listed as potential first-round selections. One from Wisconsin was also included.
To nobody’s surprise, Kiper is projecting LSU quarterback Joe Burrow to be the No. 1 overall pick, going to the Cincinnati Bengals. Here is where Kiper has the seven B1G players landing in a few months:
- No. 2: Chase Young, Ohio State — Washington Redskins
- No. 3: Jeff Okudah, Ohio State — Detroit Lions
- No. 14: Tristan Wirfs, Iowa — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 16: A.J. Epenesa, Iowa — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 27: Zack Baun, Wisconsin — Seattle Seahawks
- No. 29: Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State — Tennessee Titans
- No. 30: KJ Hamler, Penn State — Green Bay Packers
These are early projections, and they’ll likely change a handful of times over the next few months, especially following the NFL Combine. Nonetheless, it looks like there could be plenty of B1G stars hitting the stage at the 2020 NFL Draft.
You can view Kiper’s complete first-round mock draft on ESPN.com (subscription required).