Sporting News reveals its 'Top 40' college football stars of 2018
The preseason lists continue to pour in.
On Monday, Sporting News unveiled its “Top 40” college football players of the 2018 season, highlighting the best stars that will take the field this fall.
Nine of those players hail from the B1G, which was the second-highest total for any conference. The SEC had 12 players named to the list.
Three of those players came from Michigan, with Ohio State and Wisconsin each having two players named to the list, as well. Michigan State and Penn State were the other two B1G programs to be represented.
Here’s the rundown of the names on Sporting News’ list, with Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley leading the way:
- No. 38: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan
- No. 36: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
- No. 29: Brian Lewerke, QB, Michigan State
- No. 25: T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
- No. 21: J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
- No. 15: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
- No. 6: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- No. 5: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
- No. 4: Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State
You can view Sporting News’ full list here.