The Power Rank predicts the outcome of every Week 1 B1G game
If you’re interested in getting in on the action for Week 1 of the Big Ten season, The Power Rank has you covered.
The Power Rank’s Ed Feng has released his model’s predictions for this weekend’s games.
Here’s a quick explainer of how he arrived at the projections below:
“The Power Rank uses data and analytics to make accurate predictions for football and March Madness. I developed these methods based on my PhD in applied math from Stanford.”
- Michigan will beat Minnesota by 0.1 on the road. Minnesota has a 50% chance of beating Michigan.
- Penn State will beat Indiana by 14.3 on the road. Indiana has a 15% chance of beating Penn State.
- Ohio State will beat Nebraska by 34.9 at home. Nebraska has a 1% chance of beating Ohio State.
- Wisconsin will beat Illinois by 18.1 at home. Illinois has a 10% chance of beating Wisconsin.
- Iowa will beat Purdue by 13.4 on the road. Purdue has a 17% chance of beating Iowa.
- Northwestern will beat Maryland by 10.1 at home. Maryland has a 23% chance of beating Northwestern.
- Michigan State will beat Rutgers by 18.8 at home. Rutgers has a 9% chance of beating Michigan State.
The first game of the Big Ten season gets underway Friday night as Wisconsin hosts Illinois.