The Power Rank predicts the outcome of every Week 2 B1G game
If you’re interested in getting in on the action for Week 2 of the Big Ten season, The Power Rank has you covered.
The Power Rank’s Ed Feng has released his model’s predictions for this weekend’s games.
Here’s a quick explainer of how he arrived at the projections below:
“The Power Rank uses data and analytics to make accurate predictions for football and March Madness. I developed these methods based on my PhD in applied math from Stanford.”
Here’s Feng’s take on the Big Ten Week 2 slate:
- Ohio State will beat Penn State by 15.5 on the road. Penn State has a 13% chance of beating Ohio State.
- Michigan will beat Michigan State by 15.5 at home. Michigan State has a 14% chance of beating Michigan.
- Purdue will beat Illinois by 3.5 on the road. Illinois has a 40% chance of beating Purdue.
- Iowa will beat Northwestern by 15.6 at home. Northwestern has a 13% chance of beating Iowa.
- Indiana will beat Rutgers by 16.1 on the road. Rutgers has a 13% chance of beating Indiana.
- Minnesota will beat Maryland by 21.0 on the road. Maryland has a 7% chance of beating Minnesota.
The first BIG game of the weekend gets underway Friday night as Maryland hosts Minnesota (6:30 p.m. CST/ESPN).