The Power Rank predicts the outcome of every Week 7 B1G game
We’re getting closer to wrapping up yet another Big Ten football season and it’s been an absolute wild ride so far. There’s plenty of reason for intrigue this season, especially with a matchup of Indiana-Wisconsin in Madison.
There’s also Iowa, who’s the 19th ranked team in the country, as they go for their fifth straight win this season against Illinois. Penn State is also looking to continue momentum from this past weekend when they got their first win of the season against Michigan. They’ll be going up against Rutgers at Noon ET on Saturday.
The Power Rank’s Ed Fang has released his model’s predictions for this weekend’s games and some of them are pretty interesting:
- Wisconsin will beat Indiana by 6.3 at home. Indiana has a 32% chance of beating Wisconsin.
- Purdue will beat Nebraska by 1.3 at home. Nebraska has a 46% chance of beating Purdue.
- Ohio State will beat Michigan State by 27.8 on the road. Michigan State has a 3% chance of beating Ohio State.
- Iowa will beat Illinois by 16.4 on the road. Illinois has a 12% chance of beating Iowa.
- Penn State will beat Rutgers by 16.0 on the road. Rutgers has a 13% chance of beating Penn State.
Here’s a brief explainer of how he arrived at the projections above:
“The Power Rank uses data and analytics to make accurate predictions for football and March Madness. I developed these methods based on my PhD in applied math from Stanford.”