These 8 B1G standouts are up for the Paul Hornung Award
The Paul Hornung Award released its watch list on Thursday. The B1G has plenty of players in the running.
Since 2010, the Paul Hornung Award has been given annually to the most versatile, high-level performer in college football. In order to be considered for the award, there are some criteria that a player has to meet.
The first criteria is that they have play multiple positions on offense or defense. Next is that they also have to be a starter on offense or defense and contribute on special teams. A player must excel in both positions as well. The second to last criteria is that the player must also have a significant impact during games such as scoring, big plays, and productivity. Lastly, they must elevate the team’s performance through their leadership.
Here is the full list of players from the B1G who made it:
- Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
- Aron Cruickshank, WR, Rutgers
- Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue
- D.J. Matthews Jr., WR, Indiana
- Trey Palmer, WR, Nebraska
- Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
- Tarheeb Still, DB, Maryland
- Jonathan Sutherland, LB, Penn State