Tight race: With two games left, four B1G teams are within one game of first place in conference standings
There’s just one week left in college basketball’s regular season, but it’s going to be an entertaining finish in the B1G.
After last weekend’s games, four teams are within one game of first place with everyone having two contests left on the slate. It should provide an incredibly interesting end to the B1G season.
Maryland is currently the team atop the standings, sitting at 13-5 in conference play. The Terrapins fell to Michigan State at home on Saturday, putting a few other teams within reach of first place.
Michigan State, Illinois and Wisconsin are all tied for second in the conference currently, all at 12-6. Penn State and Iowa are still technically in the race, as well, as both are 11-7 and two games out of first place.
Here’s a look at the remaining games those teams have this week before the regular season concludes. It should be an awesome finish:
- Maryland (13-5): at Rutgres; vs. Michigan
- Michigan State (12-6): at Penn State; vs. Ohio State
- Illinois (12-6): at Ohio State; vs. Iowa
- Wisconsin (12-6): vs. Northwestern; at Indiana
- Penn State (11-7): vs. Michigan State; at Northwestern
- Iowa (11-7): vs. Purdue; at Illinois