Todd McShay includes 5 B1G names in latest NFL Mock Draft 1st-round projections
The latest NFL Mock Draft from ESPN’s Todd McShay has five B1G players hearing their names called in the first-round if this year’s draft.
With the Super Bowl behind us, McShay released his latest projections for the 2021 NFL Draft. Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields is the first B1G name off the board, but he’s still the fourth quarterback taken, per McShay. The draft analyst believes that Trevor Lawrence (Clemson), Zach Wilson (BYU) and Trey Lance (North Dakota State) will all be selected in the first three spots.
Yes, McShay believes the first four players to be picked in April will be quarterbacks.
Here’s where McShay believes the other four B1G players will be selected in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft. You can view the complete list here (subscription required):
- No. 4: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (Atlanta Falcons)
- No. 13: Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern (Los Angeles Chargers)
- No. 15: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (New England Patriots)
- No. 21: Kwity Paye, DL, Michigan (Indianapolis Colts)
- No. 28: Jalen Mayfield, OL, Michigan (New Orleans Saints)
There are a few names that have been mentioned as potential first-round selections in the past that didn’t make this week’s cut. Here are some of the notable absences:
- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio State
- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
It’s always interesting to see how much these predictions change throughout the course of the draft process.