Updated salary, buyout numbers for every Big Ten head coach
USA Today released updated salaries for FBS coaches. The Big Ten has two coaches in the top four of the highest paid coaches.
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is the conference’s highest paid coach, making just over $7 million in 2017. His contract also includes a $1.325 million bonus.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer is right behind Harbaugh and is the fourth highest paid coach in college football, raking in just over $6.4 million in 2017 with a max bonus of $775,000 included in his contract.
Both coaches have school buyouts of over $20 million for this season.
Here’s the rest of the Big Ten coaches salaries and buyouts and where they rank in college football here:
12. James Franklin, Penn State, $4.6 million, $21.858 million buyout
13. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa, $4.55 million, $22.537 million buyout
16. Mark Dantonio, Michigan State, $4.38 million, $7 million buyout
29. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota, $3.5 million, $9.583 million buyout
31. Jeff Brohm, Purdue, $3.333 million, $15.844 million buyout
32. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern, $3.305 million, no buyout given
36. Paul Chryst, Wisconsin, $3.2 million, $4 million buyout
39. Lovie Smith, Illinois, $3 million, $16.5 million buyout
41. Mike Riley, Nebraska, $2.9 million, $6.63 million buyout
47. DJ Durkin, Maryland, $2.462 million, $6.833 million buyout
54. Chris Ash, Rutgers, $2.1 million, $7.425 million buyout
60. Tom Allen, Indiana, $1.83 million, $2.5 million