Way-too-early 2022 mock draft by FOX CFB analyst features 10 B1G stars in the first round
Now that the 2021 NFL Draft is in the books, it’s never too early to look ahead for 2022!
That is just what RJ Young and FOX College Football did on Sunday afternoon with a way-too-early look at next year’s draft. At the top of the list, Young had quarterbacks go 1-2 once again in Oklahoma’s Spencer Rattler (to Houston) and UNC’s Sam Howell (to Detroit).
The first player off the board out of the B1G on Young’s mock draft was Ohio State’s Garrett Wilson at No. 4 overall. He was quickly followed by Ohio State’s Zach Harrison at No. 6.
In total, that duo led 10 B1G stars projected to go in the first round, including four players from the Buckeyes. Here is the full list of B1G players projected to go in Young’s first round:
- No. 4 New York Jets – Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
- No. 6 New York Giants – Zach Harrison, DE, Ohio State
- No. 13 Atlanta Falcons – George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
- No. 17 New England Patriots – David Bell, WR, Purdue
- No. 18 Pittsburgh Steelers – Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State
- No. 20 Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Joseph, S, Northwestern
- No. 22 Dallas Cowboys – Daxton Hill, DB, Michigan
- No. 24 New York Jets – Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State
- No. 25 Indianapolis Colts – Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
- No. 30 Green Bay Packers – Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
Who do you have has the top NFL prospect and top player out of the B1G for 2022?
What do you think of @RJ_Young's way-too-early 2022 Mock Draft? 🤔
— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) May 2, 2021