A few months stand between us and the first kickoff of the B1G football season, but some point spreads for Week 1 matchups have already been released.
Westgate Super Book released the spreads for Week 1 games, which includes 11 B1G matchups. While all 14 teams will be in action the week of Aug. 31, three teams (Minnesota, Maryland and Penn State) will not be on the board as they’ll face FCS opponents.
Of the 11 matchups on the board, the B1G is favored in 10 games. The only team not favored in the opening-week matchup is defending B1G West champion Northwestern, which travels to Stanford.
Here is a look at the opening spreads for Week 1 in the B1G:
- Wisconsin (-11) vs. USF
- Tulsa vs. Michigan State (-21)
- UMass vs. Rutgers (-11.5)
- Purdue (-8.5) vs. Nevada
- Florida Atlantic vs. Ohio State (-27)
- South Alabama vs. Nebraska (-33)
- Akron vs. Illinois (-16)
- Indiana (-16.5) vs. Ball State* (neutral site game)
- Northwestern vs. Stanford (-6.5)
- Middle Tennessee vs. Michigan (-30)
- Miami (OH) vs. Iowa (-21)
The B1G football season will officially kick off on Thursday, Aug. 29 when Minnesota hosts South Dakota State. Four more teams will be in action on Friday night. There will be nine games featuring B1G teams on Saturday.
The 2019 college football season will begin a work earlier on Saturday, Aug. 24.