Who's on the hottest seat? Vegas releases odds on which B1G head coach will be fired first in 2020
If ever there was a year for all 14 B1G head coaches to feel a sense of job security, 2020 would be the season. With athletic departments and universities seeing major financial deficits due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s unlikely any school will pay a hefty buyout to part ways with its head coach.
At least for now.
Still, the folks in Las Vegas are putting out odds on which B1G head coach will be the first to go in 2020 — if any are to be terminated. Illinois head coach Lovie Smith is at the top of the list with 2/1 odds. The safest job belongs to Ryan Day at Ohio State, coming in at 100/1 odds.
Below are the odds for all 14 B1G head coaches to be the first fired during the 2020 season. It comes via SportsBetting.ag, as shared by Kyle Rowland of the Toledo Blade:
- Lovie Smith, Illinois – 2/1
- Scott Frost, Nebraska – 3/2
- Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – 5/1
- Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern – 5/1
- Tom Allen, Indiana – 8/1
- Jeff Brohm, Purdue – 9/1
- Kirk Ferentz, Iowa – 12/1
- Mike Locksley, Maryland – 14/1
- Paul Chryst, Wisconsin – 20/1
- P.J. Fleck, Minnesota – 25/1
- Mel Tucker, Michigan State – 33/1
- Greg Schiano, Rutgers – 50/1
- James Franklin, Penn State – 50/1
- Ryan Day, Ohio State – 100/1