Can Indiana reach a bowl game this season?
That’s the goal heading into the third year under head coach Tom Allen. The last time the Hoosiers went bowling was in 2016. Unfortunately, you have to go back to 1991 for the Hoosiers’ last bowl win.
After back-to-back 5-7 seasons, there are certainly reasons to be optimistic early on. Indiana is returning some firepower on offense led by star running back Stevie Scott. If the Hoosiers can improve on the defensive side of the ball, the team should be more competitive in 2019.
Heading into the season, ESPN’s Football Power Index does have Indiana reaching bowl eligibility. Obviously, nothing is a given, but it should be an exciting year in Bloomington.
Here’s how ESPN’s FPI is predicting every game on Indiana’s schedule this fall:
- August 31: Ball State (Neutral site): 86.6% win probability
- September 7: Eastern Illinois: 98.5% win probability
- September 14: Ohio State: 30.5% win probability
- September 21: UConn: 96.1% win probability
- September 28: at Michigan State: 18.6% win probability
- October 12: Rutgers: 86.9% win probability
- October 19: at Maryland: 58.9% win probability
- October 26: at Nebraska: 27.7% win probability
- November 2: Northwestern: 62.4% win probability
- November 16: at Penn State: 17.5% win probability
- November 23: Michigan: 15.7% win probability
- November 30: at Purdue: 55.0% win probability