Indiana game-by-game predictions: ESPN's FPI projects Hoosiers' 2022 season
ESPN’s FPI is predicting every game on the college football schedule. For a program looking to rebound, Indiana is hoping to put together a bowl-caliber year in 2022.
Last season, the Hoosiers finished a disappointing 2-10 for the year with injuries and underwhelming performances across the board. It also led to some roster turnover coming out of 2021.
Now, Indiana has a QB battle in fall camp and a hopefully healthier defense entering 2022. Unfortunately for the Hoosiers, it may not translate into a winning season.
According to the Football Power Index, Indiana is projected to fall just short of bowl eligibility this year. While the team should be competitive in a number of games, getting to 6 games is likely to be a struggle for Tom Allen and company.
Here are the game-by-game projections per the FPI:
- Sept. 2 vs. Illinois — 66.3% chance of winning
- Sept. 10 vs. Idaho — 96.6% chance of winning
- Sept. 17 vs. Western Kentucky — 52.9% chance of winning
- Sept. 24 at Cincinnati — 17.1% chance of winning
- Oct. 1 at Nebraska — 84% chance of winning
- Oct. 8 vs. Michigan — 14.1% chance of winning
- Oct. 15 vs. Maryland — 36.1% chance of winning
- Oct. 22 at Rutgers — 36.1% chance of winning
- Nov. 5 vs. Penn State — 42.9% chance of winning
- Nov. 12 at Ohio State — 2% chance of winning
- Nov. 19 at Michigan State — 87.7% chance of winning
- Nov. 26 vs. Purdue — 36.8% chance of winning