ESPN's FPI predicts every remaining game on Iowa's schedule
With Iowa’s win at Iowa State, the Hawkeyes were vaulted to No. 5 in the country as they got to 2-0 in the 2021 season thus far.
While Iowa has had a great start, its schedule is still tough the rest of the way as it will be tested numerous times. The Hawkeyes get Kent State this week, which should be a win before playing Colorado State.
There are two ranked teams as of now left on Iowa’s schedule as they’ll play No. 10 Penn State on Oct. 9 and No. 18 Wisconsin on Oct. 30. The Hawkeyes also have all their other divisional games left as they’ll play Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois as well.
There’s also still plenty of room for the Hawkeyes to move up further and make more noise around the country. Here’s how ESPN’s FPI believes things will shake out for Iowa in terms of win probability:
- Sept. 18 vs Kent State: 93%
- Sept. 25 vs Colorado State: 97.6%
- Oct. 1 at Maryland: 66.3%
- Oct. 9 vs Penn State: 51.8%
- Oct. 16 vs Purdue: 72.5%
- Oct. 30 at Wisconsin: 49.7%
- Nov. 6 at Northwestern: 76.6%
- Nov. 13 vs Minnesota: 83.4%
- Nov. 20 vs Illinois: 90.1%
- Nov. 26 @ Nebraska: 61.6%