ESPN's FPI predicts every remaining game on Michigan's schedule
Michigan is off to a 2-0 start, but the Wolverines have a tough slate ahead.
After putting together dominant wins vs. Western Michigan and Washington to start the season, Michigan still has a remarkably difficult Big Ten schedule to play.
The Wolverines’ conference games include matchups at Wisconsin, at Penn State and, of course, vs. Ohio State. Michigan’s upcoming meetings vs. Rutgers, Michigan State and Maryland all look tougher now than they did before the season started.
ESPN BET is now live in Michigan
Use promo code SATURDAY to get your $250 bonus
Here’s how ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) is projecting the rest of Michigan’s schedule:
- Sept. 18 vs. Northern Illinois: 94.9 percent
- Sept. 25 vs. Rutgers: 81.5 percent
- Oct. 2 @ Wisconsin: 48.5 percent
- Oct. 9 @ Nebraska: 63.2 percent
- Oct. 23 vs. Northwestern: 89.2 percent
- Oct. 30 @ Michigan State: 53.3 percent
- Nov. 6 vs. Indiana: 78.2 percent
- Nov. 13 @ Penn State: 36.4 percent
- Nov. 20 @ Maryland: 69.9 percent
- Nov. 27 vs. Ohio State: 40.2 percent
FPI is projecting Michigan to go 9-3, with losses to Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State. The game vs. the Badgers is expected to be especially competitive, with the Wolverines having a 48.5 percent chance to pulling off the win.
Michigan and Northern Illinois kick off at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday.