Michigan adds Ric Flair to loaded signing day event guest list
By now, you’ve probably heard that Jim Harbaugh is a big wrestling fan. It’s why he’s been pushing for WWE to come to the Big House.
Harbaugh got his wish. Sort of.
The team announced that WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Ric Flair will be coming to Ann Arbor for Michigan’s National Signing Day event next Wednesday.
— Michigan Athletics (@UMichAthletics) January 28, 2016
The “Signing of the Stars” event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and it’ll be streamed live on theplayerstribune.com.
It won’t be Flair’s first time crossing paths with Harbaugh. While he was in San Francisco, Harbaugh invited him to give the pregame speech before a playoff game against the Green Bay Packers.
He’ll be one of several celebrities making an appearance in Ann Arbor for the invite-only:
• Ric Flair (pro wrestling hall of famer)
• Derek Holland (MLB pitcher)
• Mike Shanahan (former NFL head coach)
• Denard Robinson (football alum/NFL running back)
• Jon Jansen (football alum/analyst)
• Brad Keslowski (NASCAR driver)
• Lou Holtz (football analyst)
• Jack Kennedy (football alum/musician)
• Desmond Howard (football alum/analyst)
• Todd McShay (football analyst)
• Jessica Szohr (actress)
• Josh Gracin (musician)