Michigan's signing day guest list is officially unprecedented
Michigan was already set to have the most star-studded signing day of any team in America.
And that was before two future Hall of Famers were added to the “Signing of the Stars” guest list.
The Players’ Tribune announced on Sunday that Tom Brady and Derek Jeter will also be on hand Wednesday to take in the signing day fun.
It's. About. To. Go. Down.
— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) January 31, 2016
Brady, of course, has done alright for himself since his playing days at Michigan in the late 1990s. And Jeter, a Kalamazoo, Michigan native, always said that if he would’ve went to college instead of the MLB draft, he would’ve went to Michigan. He came back to the school for a football game during the fall and is the founder of the Players’ Tribune.
The two will headline the event, which will be streamed live on theplayerstribune.com from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Michigan is encouraging donations to the foundation in lieu of charging for tickets to the invitation-only event.
As it stands, here’s the guest list for Wednesday:
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady
- Retired Yankee short stop Derek Jeter
- Wrestler Ric Flair
- Texas Rangers pitcher Derek Holland
- Former NFL coach Mike Shanahan
- NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski
- Singer Josh Gracin
- Former college coach Lou Holtz
- Rapper Migos
- Former Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland
- Former UM players Jon Jansen, Desmond Howard, Denard Robinson